APS : Saturday, 06 November 2021
ALGIERS-Algeria has strongly condemned the terrorist attacks perpetrated Tuesday and Thursday on civilians and soldiers in Niger, causing dozens of deaths and injuries, said Saturday the Ministry of Foreign
Affairs and National Community in a communiqué.
“Algeria has strongly condemned in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks on 2 and 4 November 2021 on civilians and soldiers, respectively in the communes of Banibangou, located in the area of the three borders in the region of Tillaberi) and Anzourou, located western Niger, near the border with Mali. These terror attacks caused dozens of deaths and injuries,” said the source.
“In such painful circumstances, Algeria offers its deep condolences to the families of the victims and reiterates full solidarity with the Government and brotherly people of Niger. Algeria also expresses firm commitment to the preservation of the stability of Niger and assure this brotherly country of its full support in the joint fight against terrorism,” said the source.
The Foreign Ministry stressed that “Algeria is convinced that the Government and people of Niger will overcome this difficult ordeal and continue the promising work of development in which they have engaged.”
“These repeated criminal attacks, which take on the characteristics of proven crimes against humanity, are of deep concern to Algeria, which calls for a firm and effective reaction from the African Union (AU) and the international community,” wrote the FM.
“Highly aware of these dangers and the imperative need to face them together, Algeria stresses the urgency of increased mobilization against this scourge by adapting international mechanisms and peace and security architecture put in place by our countries, the Regional Economic Communities, the Regional Mechanisms and the AU, to face the new threats posed by terrorism,” said the source.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy