APS : Sunday, 08 May 2022
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned “in the strongest terms” the terrorist attack that targeted a hydraulic pump station in the Suez Canal, in Egypt, on Saturday, killing and wounding several members of the Egyptian armed forces,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad said in a statement.
In this painful ordeal, the statement added, Algeria “extends sincere condolences to the families and relatives of the victims and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured, expressing full solidarity with the government and people of the Arab Republic of Egypt, a brother country, and stressing full support to the Egyptian authorities in the fight against terrorism.”
Algeria has renewed “its call for strengthening counterterrorism mechanisms at both regional and international levels to ensure a joint and effective response to this scourge that threatens global peace and security and undermines the economic development efforts,” the statement said.
Eleven soldiers were killed Saturday in a terrorist attack near the Suez Canal in Sinai, Egypt, the Egyptian army reported.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony