APS : Sunday, 08 May 2022
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned “in the strongest terms” the terrorist attack that targeted a hydraulic pump station in the Suez Canal, in Egypt, on Saturday, killing and wounding several members of the Egyptian armed forces,
the ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad said in a statement.
In this painful ordeal, the statement added, Algeria “extends sincere condolences to the families and relatives of the victims and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured, expressing full solidarity with the government and people of the Arab Republic of Egypt, a brother country, and stressing full support to the Egyptian authorities in the fight against terrorism.”
Algeria has renewed “its call for strengthening counterterrorism mechanisms at both regional and international levels to ensure a joint and effective response to this scourge that threatens global peace and security and undermines the economic development efforts,” the statement said.
Eleven soldiers were killed Saturday in a terrorist attack near the Suez Canal in Sinai, Egypt, the Egyptian army reported.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles