APS : Sunday, 11 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in the strongest terms the double blasts perpetrated Saturday downtown Istanbul, said Sunday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the double attack perpetrated yesterday Saturday downtown Istanbul,” Benali Cherif told APS.
“We offer our condolences to the families of the victims and the government of Turkey, and we reiterate our sincere sympathy with the Turkish people,” he added.
The double attack left 38 dead and 166 injured, according to the Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.
The double attack, for which no group has claimed responsibility, targeted a tourist district in Istanbul, between Taksim Square and Dolmabahce Palace.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine