APS : Sunday, 11 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has condemned in the strongest terms the double blasts perpetrated Saturday downtown Istanbul, said Sunday the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We condemn in the strongest terms the double attack perpetrated yesterday Saturday downtown Istanbul,” Benali Cherif told APS.
“We offer our condolences to the families of the victims and the government of Turkey, and we reiterate our sincere sympathy with the Turkish people,” he added.
The double attack left 38 dead and 166 injured, according to the Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.
The double attack, for which no group has claimed responsibility, targeted a tourist district in Istanbul, between Taksim Square and Dolmabahce Palace.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum