APS : Monday, 24 May 2021
ALGIERS- For nearly one decade, Algeria has deployed huge efforts to preserve its cultural heritage in danger, and also to safeguard and value the heritage shared with neighboring countries,
particularly in the fields of research, transmission and international ranking.
Algeria has made a commitment to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to completely or partially deal with the international ranking files of intangible heritage shared with the neighboring countries and to provide technical and scientific assistance to submit international files and set up protection operations.
Imzad was the first international file submitted on behalf of Algeria, Mali and Niger and listed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of humanity in December 2013.
Another international file included in the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of humanity in 2020 is couscous and the knowledge, skills and practices relating to its production, listed as Maghreb heritage on behalf of Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania and Morocco.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony