APS: Friday, 05 February 2021
ALGIERS -Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum reiterated Thursday at the 38th session of the Executive Council of the African Union (AU) Algeria’s commitment to pay “on time”
its financial contributions to the AU budget and the Peace Fund, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Firmly convinced of the principle of solidarity and equitable burden-sharing and concerned about the achievement of the goals the African continent at all levels, Algeria is committed to pay, on time, its financial contributions to the AU budget and the Peace Fund,” Boukadoum said in a speech he delivered before participants.
The minister also stressed “the imperative attachment to the founding principles of the AU, particularly in terms of respect for the sovereignty of Member States, in the context of the implementation of the infrastructure development programmes in Africa,” said the source.
The Executive considered a report on the contributions of member states to the AU budget and the Peace Fund, and discussed the projects proposed under the second phase of the African Infrastructure Development Programme.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied