APS : Sunday, 10 January 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria is a friendly country to China and an important member of the African union, said Sunday in Algiers Wu Sike, the special envoy of the Chinese Foreign Minister, adding that cooperation between the two countries a key factor for the development of Chinese-African cooperation.
At the end of the audience granted to him by Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel at the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Chinese official said that the discussions focused mainly on “means to strengthen cooperation between Algeria and China and the implementation of the decisions of the Chinese-African Cooperation Forum, held in Johannesburg, South Africa, in December.”
Wu Sike underlined his country’s willingness to develop and enhance cooperation with Algeria.
The two sides also discussed regional and international issues of common interest.
For his part, Messahel said that the visit of the Chinese official to Algeria is part of the “continued consultations between the two countries on issues of common interest.”
Messahel underlined the importance attached by the two sides to the development of the African continent, and recalled the three-year programme adopted at the Chinese-African Cooperation Forum.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart