APS : Thursday, 13 December 2018
ALGIERS- Algeria is able to join the BRICS club, which is made up of the emerging countries, by 2030 through the programme of economy diversification adopted in 2016 and the strategic partnership agreement
signed with China, the director of the National Higher College of Political Science, Mustapha Saïdj said.
Signing a partnership agreement between the National Higher College of Political Science and the University of Shanghai, Saidj said Algeria can join, by 2030, the BRICS group, adding that the name given to this block (BRICS: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will change into BRICSA (by adding Algeria).
The speaker stressed the government’s achievement of key projects to make of Algeria a “an economic power in the Mediterranean region.”
The director of the political science college cited the major projects of the Central Port of Cherchell and the Trans-Sahara Highway, which will allow Algeria to be easily connected to Asia and Africa.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied