APS : Saturday, 14 April 2018
ALGIERS – Algeria has regretted the military escalation in Syria following the airstrikes launched by the United States and its allies, adding that any military escalation will only
“weaken” the chances to reach a political solution to the tragedy this country is going through, said Saturday the Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“Algeria regrets and bemoans the military escalation that the situation in Syria just experienced,” Benali Cherif said in a statement to APS. Any “military escalation, of whatever nature, will only weaken and delay the chances of reaching a political and peaceful solution to the tragedy this country is going through. ”
Algeria “calls on all the players for restraint, based on its conviction that there is no alternative to the negotiated political solution, likely to end the sufferings of the Syrian people and preserve Syria’s territorial integrity and sovereignty,” he added.
Following the new developments, “Algeria recalls the need for respecting the rules of the international law, notably the humanitarian law in all the circumstances,” concluded the Foreign Ministry spokesman.
- (Français) commémoration de la ” Journée Nationale du Moudjahid ”
- President Tebboune, Italian Prime Minister hold phone conversation
- President Tebboune receives Mauritanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- President Tebboune receives Nigerian Petroleum Resources minister, Niger’s Energy minister
- Lamamra received by Syrian president