APS : Wednesday, 07 November 2018
DOHA (Qatar)- A delegation of Algerian economic operators met Wednesday in Doha with the managers of “Hassad Food” group, specialized in farm products, under the chairmanship of Minister of Trade Said Djellab,
to examine partnership and cooperation opportunities.
The meeting was held on the sidelines of the Qatar Food and Hospitality Show, organized in Doha from 6 to 8 November, with the participation of Algeria as a guest of honor.
The economic operators examined the possibilities to set up a partnership between Algeria and Qatar, as Algeria is, henceforth, considered as a crossing point to the African market.
Djellab emphasized, in this meeting, the importance to strengthen trading with the Qatari side as part of the government’s strategy aimed at diversifying non-hydrocarbon exports and reducing import volume.
Algeria is working, said the minister, to implement investments with the Qatari partners in the production of livestock feed, cereals, meat and poultry, representing major opportunities for the investors in Algeria.
The operators highlighted the diversity of the Algerian products which are based on investments destined to local marketing and export.
For their parts, the managers of Hassad Food group expressed their interest for the Algerian dates, considering that the group possesses the biggest plant of packaging and export of dates in Qatar.
They also expressed the hope to turn to the Algerian market in the field of dates, known for their quality, alongside the Kuwaiti, Iranian and other markets.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization