APS : Sunday, 08 January 2017
ALGIERS- President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, on Sunday congratulated the Algerian international, Riyad Mahrez, who has been crowned the African best player 2016 during the African Football Confederation Glo-CAF Awards ceremony, organized Thursday in the Nigerian capital Abuja.
“It’s with both interest and pride that I followed, alike all the Algerians, fans of football, your deserved crowing as the best African player of 2016. This win will be the source of pride for the Algerians, for a long time to come,” wrote President of the Republic in his message to Mahrez.
“Your title (best African player 2016) is an honour for the nation, recognition of our youth in various fields and a reward to your talent, discipline and dedication,” said the Head of the State, adding this “victory will inevitably be a motivation for you to continue efforts and perform better.”
” On my own behalf and on behalf of the Algerian people, that you made happy, I extend my thanks to you and to all the Algerian sportspeople, assuring you of my support and my constant encouragements for your efforts and your exploits for your country,” added the president of the Republic.
“In every national, regional and international competition, the eyes of your people are on you and its hopes are placed in you as every success you achieve is a success for them and every win you snatch is a source of pride for them. I urge you to give your best (in future competitions),” concluded President Bouteflika.
Algerian international Riyad Mahrez has been crowned Africa’s best player for 2016 during the African Football Confederation Glo-CAF Awards ceremony, held Thursday night in Abuja.
Mahrez, the best player of England Premier League he won last season with his team Leicester City, collected 361 votes.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea