APS : Wednesday, 08 August 2018
ALGIERS- A total of 104 athletes (61 men and 43 women), including 11 juniors, from 17 countries are expected to participate in 2018 Africa Para-Powerlifting Championships (juniors and seniors),
from 10 to 12 August at Harcha-Hacene sports hall in Algiers, said the competition’s coordinator Oussama Boudoumi.
“Most of those athletes are already in Algeria while the others as well as World Para-Powerlifting’s officials, in charge of supervising the competition, will arrive soon,” Boudoumi told APS.
Tanzania and Guinea will not participate in this year’s edition for financial reasons.
Algeria will compete with 24 athletes (13 men and 11 women), Egypt (19), Nigeria (13), Cameroon (12), Libya (6), Kenya (6), Morocco (6), Cote d’Ivoire (4), Ghana (3), Mali (2), Uganda (2), Gambia (2), Tunisia (1), Benin (1), Togo (1), Sierra Leone (1) and Liberia (1).
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied