ALGIERS- The African Development Bank (AfDB) funded more than 450 transport projects between 1967 and 2017, including 8 projects in Algeria which received 760 million dollars of funding during this period, said this financial institution on its website.
The African Development Bank funded more than 450 transport projects namely roads, airports and railways for 450 million beneficiaries across Africa said the AfDB in an article published on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the first project funded by the Bank in 1967, road in Kenya.
In this framework, the African institution added that most of the member countries of the AfDB benefited from funding, including Algeria who received 760 million dollars for the financing of 8 projects.
The projects are 1200 km of asphalted and restored roads, the equipment of the port of Djendjen (province of Jijel) and the improvement of the rail network.
However, the first beneficiaries of the funding related to transport over these 50 years are Morocco and Tunisia.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo