APS : Saturday, 09 February 2019
ADRAR -A first cargo of 2,000 tonnes of cement has been exported Saturday to Niger from the cement factory of El-Hamel Sidi Moussa group, located in the town of Timegten (270 km east Adrar).
“This important operation reflects the orientations and the wise policy of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, aiming at promoting and encouraging investment in the South of the country to boost local development,” said the General Secretary of the prefecture of Adrar Abed Belmehal.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Freight Transport and Logistics Group (Logitrans) Boualem Kini said that “the Group has mobilized significant human and material resources, including 50 trucks, to regularly convey the goods produced to the region of Agadez (Niger), over a distance of 2,000 km, via the border post of In-Guezzam, (wilaya of Tamanrasset).
The export of cements is conducted in coordination with this group, which is responsible for transporting this material in batches of 8,000 tonnes per month to Niger.
Cement exports reached one million tonnes in 2018, the Industry Minister had said, adding that they are set to increase to two million tonnes in 2019.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina