APS : Monday, 25 April 2016
DAMAS (Syria)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel was received Monday, in Damascus, by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
During the meeting, Messahel conveyed to President Assad President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s congratulations for the 70th anniversary of Syria’s national day, expressing his greetings to Syrian people and wishes for further security and stability in their country.
He also reiterated “Algeria’s support to Syrian people in their fight against terrorism, to preserve stability and security in Syria and its people’s union and cohesion.”
Messahel presented Algeria’s experience in national reconciliation to meet people’s expectations in terms of stability, emphasizing the need for a political solution to the crises shaking the Arab countries.
President Bashar al-Assad, for his part, thanked Algeria for its support to Syria in the face of terrorism.
He expressed his determination to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in various fields.
Syrian president tackled the stages of negotiations underway under the aegis of the United Nations, expressing his will to resolve the crisis in Syria.
Bashar al-Assad asked the minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League to convey his brotherly greetings to Algerian people and government.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea