APS : MONDAY 09 APRIL 2018
Paris (France)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel held discussions Monday with his French counterpart, Jean Yves Le Drian.
Discussions between Messahel, who is on a visit to Paris (April 9-11), Le Drian are part of the regular consultations between the two countries.
During his stay in Paris, the minister will give a talk on “the international day of living together in peace,” on 10 April 2018, at the invitation of the chairman of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Lee Byong-hyun, in the UN agency’s headquarters, according to the statement.
The talk will be devoted to UN General Assembly Resolution 72/130, initiated by Algeria, and which proclaimed May 16 the International Day of Living Together.
On the same day, the minister will hold discussions with Audrey Azoulay, the director general of UNESCO.
He will also give a talk on 11 April 2018, at the French Institute of international Relations (IFRI).
The lecture, entitled “Against Terrorism and Extremism, Deradicalization: the Algerian Experience,” will be followed by a debate led by the chairman of IFRI, Thierry de Montbrial.
As part of his activities in IFRI, Messahel will meet in Paris with political, cultural, media figures and MPs.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya