APS : Thursday, 07 January 2021
ALGIERS- The secretary general of the ministry of National Defense, Major General Abdelhamid Ghriss, received Thursday at the National Circle of the Army in Beni Messous ,
Algiers, the United States Secretary of the Air Force, Barbara Barrett, who is on a two-day official visit to Algeria, leading a large military delegation, the ministry of National Defense said in a statement.
Barrett was accompanied by the Commander of US Air Forces in Europe and Africa, and of the Allied Air Command and director of the Joint Air Power Competence Center, General Jeffrey L. Harrigian, according to the statement.
“The two sides had bilateral talks, attended by general officers of the ministry of National Defence and the General Staff of the People’s National Army as well as members of the American military delegation,” the statement said.
“The discussions focused on the state of bilateral military cooperation, and ways and means to strengthen it in areas of common interest.”
They also exchanged views on various current issues, the statement added.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region