APS : Sunday, 27 March 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian Lotfi Bouchouchi’s movie Le Puits (The Well) has won the best feature-length film award at the 9th Film Festival of Muscat, Oman,
which wrapped up Friday.
Made in 2014, the film received the best scenario award at the festival (March 21-25), according to the movie’s official website on Facebook.
Lotfi Bouchouchi’s first film, The Well (90mn), has been produced by the Algerian Agency for Cultural Influence (AARC).
The movie deals with the national liberation war (1954-1962), as it sheds light on the throes of French colonialism through the ordeals of the local population in a besieged Algerian southern village, suffering from an awful lack of water.
Thirty-six productions from 25 countries are competing at the biannual film event.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister