APS : Sunday, 29 November 2015
ALGIERS- The 7th ministerial meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries will be held Tuesday in Algiers, announced Sunday Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
This meeting, which comes in the continuation of the one held in N’Djamena (Chad) in June 2015, will see the participation of all Libya’s neighbouring countries (Algeria, Egypt, Sudan, Niger, Chad and Tunisia), in addition to the African Union, Arab League and the European Union, said Messahel in a statement to APS.
Libya will also be represented in this meeting, to which will attend the United Nations Secretary General’s Special Representative for Libya Martin Kobler, he added.
“As the previous ones, this meeting will allow the neighbouring countries and representatives of regional and international organizations to inquire about the situation in Libya and the region and analyse the latest developments,” said Messahel.
“ It is an opportunity for Algeria to reiterate its support to the ongoing process under the aegis of the United Nations, to speed up the implementation of a national unity government, able to complete the transitional period successfully and take up the multiple challenges facing the country, particularly terrorism,” he underlined.
In this regard, the minister pointed out “the fundamentals of the Algerian position, based on reaching a political and peaceful solution to the crisis in Libya, able to preserve this brotherly country’s unity and territorial integrity and its people’s sovereignty and cohesion.”
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie