APS : Saturday, 23 June 2018
ALGIERS- The 5th session of the Algerian-US Bilateral Dialogue on the security questions will be held on 28 June 2018 in Algiers, said Saturday a communiqué of the Foreign Ministry.
Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel and Deputy Secretary of State of the United States John Sullivan will officially open the works of this session which will focus on “exchanging views and analysis of the political and security situation in the Maghreb and Sahel, as well as on counterterrorism cooperation, notably as regards the threats posed by violent extremism, return of foreign terrorist fighters and the cross-border organized crime,” added the communiqué.
The issue of illegal migration and its dangers will also be thoroughly examined, said the same source.
Ahead of the works, Messahel and Sullivan will hold talks to review the state of bilateral cooperation, and the regional and international political issues of common interest.
The two countries have held several sessions of this dialogue.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization