APS : Sunday, 22 January 2017
CAIRO (Egypt)- Algeria will be represented by 27 publishing houses at the 48th Cairo international Book Fair (in Egypt), scheduled from 26 January to February 6, said in Algiers the Director General of the National Company for Graphic Arts (ANAG).
Hamidou Messaoudi told APS that more than 800 books will be presented in this literary rendez-vous, estimating “very low” the participation of the Algerian publishing houses which, for the most part, “lack a culture of participation,” in international book fairs to promote their publications and Algerian writers, he added.
Algeria has about 400 publishing houses, specialized mainly in books in Arabic of all genres.
The director general of the ENAG, also organizer of the International Book Fair of Algiers (SILA), recalled that Egypt participates every year at SILA, of which it was the guest of honor in 2016 with more than 100 publishing houses.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya