ALGIERS-Minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will represent Algeria Monday and Tuesday in Madrid at the special high-level meeting of the UN Counterterrorism Committee on “foreign fighters”, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced Sunday in a statement.
This participation comes at the invitation of Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the source added.
On this occasion, Messahel “will broach Algeria’s position on the foreign fighters issue and inform participants of the conclusions and recommendations of the International Conference on violent extremism and radicalization ” held on 22 and 23 July in Algiers” in Algiers.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart